Returning to Live Events
It has been far too long. We miss you and can’t wait to welcome you back to the Tacoma Dome! Our team is busy behind the scenes, continuously making modifications to ensure we exceed reopening guidelines so you can feel confident and comfortable returning to live events. Some protocols may change based on government mandates so be sure to check back before attending your next event.
What To Expect When We Welcome You Back:
Vaccination & Testing Requirements
Effective November 15 by Washington State mandate, all guests 12 years of age and over that attend this event must show proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 FDA-approved molecular (e.g. PCR) or antigen test taken within the past 72 hours. Guests under 12 will not be required to show proof of a negative test.
Please note: event organizers may enact additional requirements. Please see the individual event page for up-to-date information for specific event requirements.
Acceptable proof of vaccination against COVID-19:
- a CDC vaccine record card;
- documentation from a health care provider or electronic health record;
- state immunization system record, including a QR code from MyIRMobile;
- Washington Department of Health partner website for immunization records;
- for an individual vaccinated outside of the United States, a reasonable equivalent.
Acceptable proof of negative COVID-19 test result:
- the original, a copy or a photo of a document or other communication from the test provider or lab showing the first and last names of the individual tested;
- the type of test performed (must be molecular or antigen);
- date tested (must be within the 72 hours preceding attending the event); and,
- a negative result.
Additional proof of an individual’s identity is not required under this order.
For additional information, visit the State website.
Digital ticketing is in place for most events, reducing person to person contact during the ticket scanning process. Consumer and Trade shows will continue to offer printed tickets at the Box Office. Guests will utilize the same no contact ticket scanning process as those with digital tickets.
The Tacoma Dome is a cashless facility, including all concession and merchandise sales. Google Pay and Apple Pay are also available at concession points of sale. There are cash-to-card kiosks (reverse ATM’s) where guests can exchange their cash for a Tacoma Dome VISA card. Card balances remain usable anywhere after the event. Going cashless improves the transaction process, reduces wait times, and limits guest to staff contact. Cashless parking payment options are also available. Vendors are encouraged to only accept credit cards or mobile payments for their safety, but individual vendors for consumer and trade shows may still accept cash, if preferred.
Please visit our Cashless FAQs for more information.
Clear Bag Policy
GO CLEAR FOR SAFETY
The Tacoma Dome has a clear bag policy to expedite entry and reduce touch points for security staff and guests.
Tacoma Dome Bag Policy
- Bags may only be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC, sized 12"x6"x12" or smaller
- Small clutch purses are okay if sized 4.5"x6.5" or smaller
- One gallon plastic storage bags are okay
- Tacoma Dome clear bags are available for purchase on-site and at Stocklist Goods
- Binbox lockers are available for rent outside the venue for $10 (card only, no cash)
Please note: The clear bag policy is not in place for consumer shows. Examples of consumer shows include RV shows, home shows, craft shows, etc. Please visit our Bag Policy page for additional information.
Effective August 23, face coverings are required for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, per state order (subject to change). Children under 5 are exempt (but face coverings are strongly recommended for children ages 2-4).
Air Quality Improvements
The Tacoma Dome has installed AtmosAir Solutions bi-polar ionization (BPI) technology to provide an improved indoor environment. AtmosAir Solutions BPI devices, installed in our HVAC systems, improves air quality by suppressing airborne and surface micro-organisms and pathogens, including viruses, bacteria and mold, and reduces odors as well as unhealthy and irritating volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The technology makes the Dome more sustainable while reducing energy and operational costs. Learn more here.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- We have achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) Star™ Accreditation. GBAC STAR™ is the venue industry’s premier outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a division of the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association (ISSA), the Tacoma Dome has adopted the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention, aligning with venues across North America and the world in commitment to the highest safety and cleaning standards.
- HVAC upgrades to improve indoor air quality, including BiPolar ionization units to reduce contaminated air particles, protecting people from airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic sprayers thoroughly disinfect between events. Electrostatic cleaning is a means of spraying a fine mist of positively charged disinfectant particles that adhere to surfaces and objects.
- UV-C cleaning systems are in use in specific areas of the Dome.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitation of high touch and high traffic areas is in place during events.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Creative modifications to food service with more pre-packaged individual service items.
- Touchless restroom facilities and air hand dryers disabled.
- Visitors to the Tacoma Dome are required to stay home if feeling ill
- Stay home if you have been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19
- Guests are expected to follow all rules and guidelines set forward by the event producer, Tacoma Dome, and local, state, and federal agencies
- A COVID-19 compliance staff member will be present during every event to ensure appropriate practices are followed
Employee training and healthy workplace protocols including use of appropriate PPE.
While the new normal may look a little different, the thrill of live events is the same. Stay healthy and rest assured we are prepared for your return. Some protocols may change based on government mandates or individual event/tour requirements so be sure to check back before attending your next event.