Returning to Live Events
It has been far too long. We miss you and can’t wait to welcome you back to the Tacoma Dome! Our team is busy behind the scenes, continuously making modifications to ensure we exceed reopening guidelines so you can feel confident and comfortable returning to live events. Some protocols may change based on government mandates so be sure to check back before attending your next event.
What To Expect When We Welcome You Back:
Digital ticketing is in place for most events, reducing person to person contact during the ticket scanning process. Consumer and Trade shows will continue to offer printed tickets at the Box Office. Guests will utilize the same no contact ticket scanning process as those with digital tickets.
The Tacoma Dome is a cashless facility, including all concession and merchandise sales. Google Pay and Apple Pay are also available at concession points of sale. There are cash-to-card kiosks (reverse ATM’s) where guests can exchange their cash for a Tacoma Dome VISA card. Card balances remain usable anywhere after the event. Going cashless improves the transaction process, reduces wait times, and limits guest to staff contact. Cashless parking payment options are also available. Vendors are encouraged to only accept credit cards or mobile payments for their safety, but individual vendors for consumer and trade shows may still accept cash, if preferred.
GO CLEAR FOR SAFETY
The Tacoma Dome has a clear bag policy to reduce touch points for security staff and guests.
Tacoma Dome Bag Policy
- Bags may only be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC, sized 12"x6"x12" or smaller
- Small clutch purses are okay if sized 4.5"x6.5" or smaller
- One gallon plastic storage bags are okay
- Clear bags are available for purchase
- Lockers are available for use outside the venue
Cleaning & Sanitation
- We have achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) Star™ Accreditation. GBAC STAR™ is the venue industry’s premier outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a division of the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association (ISSA), the Tacoma Dome has adopted the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention, aligning with venues across North America and the world in commitment to the highest safety and cleaning standards.
- HVAC upgrades to improve indoor air quality, including BiPolar ionization units to reduce contaminated air particles, protecting people from airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic sprayers will thoroughly disinfect between events. Electrostatic cleaning is a means of spraying a fine mist of positively charged disinfectant particles that adhere to surfaces and objects.
- UV-C cleaning systems are in use in specific areas of the Dome.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitation of high touch and high traffic areas will be in place during events.
Physical Distancing & Face Coverings
- Physical distancing protocols established, based on state and local guidelines. Clear signage in both front and back of house will reinforce COVID-19 policies enforced by staff. Front of house signage will be placed in public common areas.
- All guests and staff are required to wear face coverings.
- A COVID-19 compliance staff member will be present during every event to ensure appropriate physical distancing and face coverings practices are in place.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the facility.
- Creative modifications to food service with more pre-packaged individual service items.
- Touchless restroom facilities and air hand dryers disabled.
- Visitors to the Tacoma Dome are required to stay home if feeling ill
- Stay home if you have been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19
- Guests are expected to follow all rules and guidelines set forward by the event producer, Tacoma Dome, and local, state, and federal agencies
- A COVID-19 compliance staff member will be present during every event to ensure appropriate physical distancing and face coverings practices are in place
Employee training and healthy workplace protocols including use of appropriate PPE. Staff will be trained to assist in enforcement and de-escalation, when necessary.
While the new normal may look a little different, the thrill of live events is the same. Stay healthy and rest assured that we will continue to adapt and prepare for your return. Some protocols may change based on government mandates so be sure to check back before attending your next event.