Returning to Live Events
It has been far too long. We miss you and can’t wait to welcome you back to the Tacoma Dome! Our team is busy behind the scenes, making modifications to ensure we exceed reopening guidelines so you can feel confident and comfortable returning to live events. Some protocols may change based on government mandates so be sure to check back before attending your next event.
What To Expect When We Welcome You Back:
Digital ticketing will be in place for most events, reducing person to person contact during the ticket scanning process. Consumer and Trade shows will continue to offer printed tickets at the Box Office. Guests will utilize the same no contact ticket scanning process as those with digital tickets.
The Tacoma Dome will soon be a cashless facility, including all concession and merchandise sales. Google Pay and Apple Pay are also available at concession points of sale. There will be cash-to-card kiosks (reverse ATM’s) where guests can exchange their cash for a debit card. Debit card balances remain usable anywhere after the event. Going cashless improves the transaction process, reduces wait times, and limits guest to staff contact. Cashless parking payment options will also be available. Vendors will be encouraged to only accept credit cards or mobile payments for their safety, but individual vendors for consumer and trade shows may still accept cash, if preferred.
A clear bag policy will be enacted to reduce touchpoints for security staff and guests. Lockers will be available for use outside the venue.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- We have applied for Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Accreditation. GBAC STAR™ Certification is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation for facilities. The accreditation program is designed to establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention.
- HVAC upgrades to improve indoor air quality, including BiPolar ionization units to reduce contaminated air particles, protecting people from airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic sprayers will be used to thoroughly disinfect between events. Electrostatic cleaning is a means of spraying a fine mist of positively charged disinfectant particles that adhere to surfaces and objects.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitation of high touch and high traffic areas will be in place during events.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the facility.
- Creative modifications to food service with more pre-packaged individual service items.
- Touchless restroom facilities and air hand dryers disabled.
Physical Distancing & Face Coverings
- Physical distancing protocols established, based on state and local guidelines. Clear signage in both front and back of house will reinforce COVID-19 policies enforced by staff. Front of house signage will be placed in public common areas.
- All guests and staff are required to wear face coverings.
- A COVID-19 compliance staff member will be present during every event to ensure appropriate physical distancing and face coverings practices are in place.
Employee training and healthy workplace protocols including use of appropriate PPE and staff wellness checks. Staff will be trained to assist in enforcement and de-escalation, when necessary.
While the new normal may look a little different, the thrill of live events is the same. Stay healthy and rest assured that we will continue to adapt and prepare for your return. Some protocols may change based on government mandates so be sure to check back before attending your next event.